Wednesday, August 25, 2004

I Thought I was not Alone

This poem has been on my mind a lot lately. In fact, I'm thinking about it so much that it's given me a headache. It's not because I don't like it but the fact that it reminds me of things, which, as usual, I'd rather not think about. *laughs* Another thought just entered into this brain of mine. Made me laugh. I have to work on a template for my blog or ask someone to make one for me. I know I can't work on it. At least not until after 6th October. Let's see if someone would help me out with this. Here's the poem!

I Thought I was not Alone

I thought I was not alone, walking here by the shore,
But the one I thought was with me, as now I walk by the shore,
As I lean and look through the glimmering light—that one has utterly disappeared,
And those appear that perplex me.

Walt Whitman

So lovely, so much like my thoughts about the oceans, the seas and their shores or beaches or call them by any name they're still the same. How I would love to walk on the sand barefoot but not be alone. I hope this won't happen to me. It's like that dream. He's watching as usual with his artist's eyes as I sit on the beach in the evening. Well, why don't you come down and sit with me? We'll watch it together as the sun goes down. Or we can float on the floating bed I made in my head. Or the yacht of your dreams. *sighs*

Is this wishful thinking again? Maybe and then maybe not. Future is always indefinite. I'm trying to reach out to it while keeping my feet stuck in the present. Thanks God for no restrictions on dreams. (:

Alhamdolillah, the headache is gone.

No comments: