Sunday, October 24, 2004

The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

This prayer was in a very old book, from which I copied it a long time back. Just felt like it should be here. It's a prayer for these times.

The Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi

Lord make me a channel of Thy peace,
That where there is hatred I may bring love;
That where there is wrong I may bring the spirit of forgiveness;
That where there is discord I may bring harmony;
That where there is error I may bring truth;
That where there is doubt I may bring faith;
That where there is despair I may bring hope;
And where there are shadows I may bring Thy light;
That where there is sadness I may bring joy;
Lord grant that I may seek rather to comfort than be comforted,
To understand than be understood,
To love than be loved;
For it is by giving that one receives,
It is by self-forgetting that one finds,
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven,It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life.

1 comment:

Girl Khan said...

Thank you for your reply. Maybe you're right about me not being mature. True enough if maturity was counted as a number relative to age. Moreoever, I didn't say that the world would be better off withuot people like you in it. No it's your world as much as it is
mine or that of anyone else. How do we create balance? By having conflicting points of view we can sometimes understand things that might not at first glance have been clear.

Thanks for offering me help. If you think I need it and if it's free (since I'm too poor to afford it for myself), please don't hesitate to let me know where I can get it. Thank you in anticipation. (:

Oh, while you're at it, please try to get some help for yourself as well for distorting views by contorting words to your like.