Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Be Afraid of the BIG BLACK MAN!

Since I'd been away from home for a few days, I discovered the fun filled story of one Ashley Todd from Texas just today. I'm so amazed that there are people in this day and age in a place like USA, who still think that being anything but non-white makes you threatening. To think that people like Mcalin are going to rule (ahem) USA just makes my knees knock with fear. I'm not American but since America is my favorite country, let me just say that these things scare me and I'm scared for the people of USA. All this coming on the heals of a comment Palin made recently about fruit fly research being useless, just scares me witless.

So what would Palin have the scientists do? This coming from a woman whose country has made most of the innovations of the 20th century. No doubt America is slipping.

If half the population believes the bullshit these people are throwing at them, the other half should start praying for a miracle. As a member of this planet, I'm praying too. I've always imagined that if I have kids (an extremely big if), I'll settle in the USA. Now I'm having doubts. Land of the free? Not so much anymore.

Meanwhile, please don't be afraid of someone whose different from you just because their skin color doesn't match yours. Even animals are better than that.

1 comment:

Mitch said...

The scary thing is that half the people DO believe the crap being thrown at them. It also worries me that the "religious right" are allowing themselves to be snowed by politicians.

Also, you shouldn't be saying stuff like 'USA is my favorite country'... not in this day and age.